Join OHFAMA Today
Join OHFAMA for the professional support and resources you won't find anywhere else.
What's in it for YOU?
OHFAMA connects you to leaders and peers in your field facing the same challenges you do every day.
- Thrive in a community of friends and allies with numerous resources to help you succeed.
- Crowdsource solutions to your toughest challenges by tapping into the expertise of the OHFAMA network.
OHFAMA gives your career the professional boost it needs to thrive.
- Energize your work and team at in-person events and best-in-class education conferences.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of like-minded professionals as you learn and share best practices and take your career to the next level.
OHFAMA membership is a gift you give yourself.
- OHFAMA gives you exclusive access to trusted information about industry trends.
- OHFAMA offers you tools to manage business costs, fine-tune practice efficiency, and keep your skill set on the cutting edge.
OHFAMA is where Ohio podiatrists come to thrive and it's where YOU belong.
Join us today to get the support and resources you need to achieve greater success as a physician and boost your competitive advantage.
There are several categories for OHFAMA membership. To receive a membership application and dues information please follow the below link and complete the form. Member dues are pro-rated based on the time of year you join.
DPM Resident Membership
Resident members dues are free for first year resident. Dues for second and third year residents and fellows are $40. Once your application is received and processed, resident members will receive a membership confirmation email and invoice, if applicable.
Membership Benefits & Services
OHFAMA/APMA Working for YOU
Why join the Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association (OHFAMA) and the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)?
- OHFAMA and APMA work in unison to provide an array of services for our mutual members. The dual membership is designed for maximum impact and influence at local and federal levels.
- Representing DPMs in conversations with legislators, regulators, policymakers, and decision makers, as the voice of the profession.
- Discounted Continuing Medical Education credits are available through OHFAMA’s Annual Scientific Seminar, as well as other educational events held each year.
- Experience cutting-edge lectures, hands-on workshops, training classes for podiatric staff members, social events, and a stellar Exhibit Hall with new products and promotions.
- Networking Opportunities through our Annual Seminar, education events, Academies, OHFAMA, and the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Listserv facilitates communication between members throughout Ohio.
- OHFAMA News Journal Our quarterly issues keep you informed about the latest information affecting your license and practice in Ohio including insurance information (billing codes), regulatory information, news about your colleagues, how to get involved, and upcoming meetings and events.
- Ohio Foot and Ankle Today OHFAMA Executive Director, Mike Mathy communicates breaking news and time-sensitive information through his digital issues of Ohio Foot and Ankle Today.
- OHFAMA Staff and the leadership team are always ready to serve you and provide informational resources to meet your billing, clinical and practice management needs.
- Regular email updates to all members
- State Advocacy through representation of your views to the Ohio legislature and other administrative agencies to advance the priorities of podiatric medicine through legal and regulatory advocacy.
- OHFAMA continues to work on podiatric scope of practice laws to commensurate with the education, training, and experience of podiatric physicians and surgeons and have challenged discrimination by private payers and other health systems.
- Three registered lobbyists represent you and monitor and influence legislative and regulatory issues impacting podiatry today.
- State appointed CAC and PIAC representatives assist with challenging Medicare and private insurance issues.
- Collaboration with other professional organizations and state agencies enhance your profession’s identity, at the local level.
- Quality, Affordable Health Insurance OHFAMA In partnership with the Ohio State Medical Association’s health benefits plan offers a flexible, self-funded group health care plan developed for Ohio physician practices.
- Only OHFAMA members can participate in the program.
- Benefits from your joint membership with APMA include access to the American Podiatric Medical Association’s health insurance programs, which are tailored for both small and large groups.
- Advertising Webpage for those who have a position to fill or practice to sell.
OHFAMA and APMA offer a variety of member benefits that leverage the collective buying power of Ohio podiatrists. To see a list of our Industry Affiliates please visit the Member Benefits page.
- Health-care Solutions may save members 15 to 30 percent on their annual insurance costs.
- Young Physician Transition Series offers a wealth of resources for our young physician members, broken out conveniently by stage of career.
- Podcasts and webinars on topics ranging from coding for reimbursement to physician burnout are available on-demand for members.
- Steep discounts on events, free educational webinars, affinity program savings, and more.
- Practice management resources are available for help with Medicare, private payers, DME and HIPAA, hospital privileges, and other issues.
- Member Directory inclusion in APMA’s online Member Directory, a listing of all APMA members.
- The APMA MIPS app (also a member-exclusive benefit) allows users to track their potential MIPS score throughout the year and more. MIPS 2021 Performance Year | Practicing DPMs | APMA
Members may log in to the APMA website to access these and other member-only services.