- The Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is vested in your success as podiatric physicians and surgeons.
- We are Ohio's champions for quality foot and ankle medical care for our members and we proudly keep Ohioans on their feet - walking for a healthy future as productive citizens.
- We give our members support today, so that they are prepared for tomorrow's podiatric medical practice issues.
- Our member community is one of the fastest growing podiatric medical associations in the United States in 2013. We have achieved this member growth through dealing with critical business and regulatory issues that occur in today's professional practice arena.
- We are the "go to" resource in Ohio to meet your practice demands.
The Ohio Podiatric Medical Association (OPMA) is dedicated to serving and protecting the public's foot health and protecting, promoting and advancing the professional practice of podiatric medicine and surgery through regulatory and legislative channels in Ohio. By providing quality medical and surgical care, we keep Ohio's citizens independent, ambulatory and walking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The OPMA was founded in 1915. In 2012, our name changed to the Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association (OHFAMA). Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, the OHFAMA represents over 600 licensed and resident podiatric physicians and surgeons.
The OHFAMA consists of eight geographical State Academies: Central; Northwest; Northeast; North Central; Mideast; Eastern; Midwest; and, Southern.
The OHFAMA is the Ohio state component of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) in Bethesda, MD.
The Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is a professional organization of podiatric physicians recognized within the state as the preeminent providers of medical and surgical care of the foot and ankle.
The primary purpose of the Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association is to act as a single voice for podiatric physicians in Ohio to ensure the highest quality of medical and surgical foot and ankle care through advocacy, education and public awareness.
OHFAMA Service Award
The Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association (OHFAMA) Service Award will be bestowed to a deserving recipient(s) who has (have) demonstrated commitment to fulfilling the mission of OHFAMA by devotion to the association through dedicated leadership and volunteerism at the academy and state level. This is an award based on service to organized podiatry in Ohio and may include the organization’s political action committee, OPPAC. Although community and professionalism are quality attributes, this award is based exclusively on service to OHFAMA as a valued leader and/or volunteer.
Nominations must be received by December 15th from Academy's for consideration for the next calendar year.